Monday 7 August 2017

Grad Profile: Adam Powell

Adam Powell

When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?


I first discovered an interest in advertising in my early teens while watching the Superbowl. That’s when I realized that advertising could be entertaining and playful while still delivering a specific and targeted message. 

Why did you choose Sheridan?


I chose Sheridan because they have an outstanding reputation for providing a hands-on and technically strong education, and I wanted to gain an understanding of advertising from the ground up.

What did you learn from Sheridan?


I learned that there is an intricate process behind advertising and that it required a harmonious balance between the planning, creative and execution.


What was the #1 thing you took away from your Post Grad experience?


The #1 thing I took away from my post-gradexperience is that the education process never stops. Advertising, specifically digital advertising, is a constantly changing entity and those who are able to stay on top of the most current technologies and their applications for advertisers will likely be met with success.

What advice would you give to someone who is considering a Post Grad program?


Identify the type of role you want to pursue within the industry and drive relentlessly towards it. Carve a niche for yourself that delivers personal and financial satisfaction.

How has the completion of the program affected your career?


Completing this program helped me get my foot in the door to the world of advertising. Having been in a couple of roles since graduation, my education has allowed me to develop an in-depth understanding of the ad industry from multiple vantage points. 

Where do you work and what is your current position?


I am a partner at Capstone Creative where I am a Media Strategist.

No comments:

Post a Comment