Monday 22 May 2017

Grad Profile: Lara Shead

Lara Shead



When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?

I am one of the few that can say I was a member of the inaugural class of the Post-Graduate Advertising Management program. Prior to completing my Post Grad, I graduated from Sheridan's Business Administration - Advanced Marketing Diploma program. At the time of graduation, I really wasn't sure where I fit in and decided why not explore Advertising? And I'm so glad I did!


Why did you choose Sheridan?

Sheridan has a great reputation across the board. A few of its major selling points for me was that they always seemed a step ahead with their program offerings, facilities and faculty, many of which are still working in the field.


What is the #1 thing you took away from your post grad experience? 

It is essential to have clear objectives! I walked away with the adequate tools to work on both the client and agency sides.


What advice would you give to someone who is considering a post grad program?

Go for it! It's a great program, which will open doors to so many aspects of Advertising and Marketing.


How has the completion of the program affected your career? 

I believe the completion of this program helped to broaden my understanding of how Advertising fits under the Marketing umbrella. It has made me a better Marketer having been exposed to both the agency and client worlds.

Where do you work and what is your current position?

Currently I work on the client side, as Marketing Coordinator at goeasyLtd.

goeasy is the parent company to easyhome, our retail lease-to-own business with over 180 stores across the country and easyfinancial, our alternative financial services business that has over 200 branches across Canada.

I work closely with both businesses in the development and coordination of all marketing collateral, the implementation and distribution along with providing support to all stores and branches with ANYTHING marketing related.


What is your favourite part of the job?

Getting to be a part of the evolution of our campaigns from beginning to end.



No comments:

Post a Comment