Sunday 7 April 2019

Student Profile: Brandon Kong

Brandon Kong
Where did you complete your Undergrad Degree/Diploma and in what subject area?
I did my undergrad at the University of Waterloo in their Rhetoric, Media, and Professional Communication program. I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English in 2018.
When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?
In my final year of university, I had the opportunity to take a course called The Discourse of Advertising, where we not only had to examine advertising from a critical perspective, but also design our own campaigns. I was hooked from then on. When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?
In my final year of university, I had the opportunity to take a course called The Discourse of Advertising, where we not only had to examine advertising from a critical perspective, but also design our own campaigns. I was hooked from then on.

Why did you choose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management Program? I chose Sheridan College for two specific reasons: 1) it was close to home and 2) a few of my friends went here and I heard nothing but good things about the school itself. Then, I discovered Sheridan had an advertising program and I immediately enrolled. How are you finding your experience at Sheridan? I'm definitely enjoying it so far. It's a fresh change of scenery compared to university and getting hands-on experience with some of the assignments is very valuable. It feels almost as if I've learned a plethora of useful information all in a couple of months. The teachers are also very friendly and experienced in their fields, which makes learning a lot more enjoyable and worthwhile. What advice would you give to someone who is considering our post grad program?
I would recommend it - absolutely. If you're eager to enter the ad industry, this program will definitely prepare you for it. What would you consider your main areas of interest and expertise as a result of your learning in the Program so far? 
I spent my childhood drawing comics and writing stories so I'd say my main area of interest so far is definitely leaning towards the creative side of advertising. I love the craft of creating things and taking a step back to admire the finished product. I love to tell stories in a variety of ways, so I'm hoping I can use this hobby to excel in creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment