Tuesday 23 April 2019

Student Profile: Glenesha Grant

Glenesha Grant
Where did you complete your Undergrad Degree/Diploma and in what subject area? I completed my Combined Honours Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Multimedia at McMaster University.
When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?
In my final year of university, I had spilt my final year so I could focus on my thesis, but also look into what I could do with my Communications and Multimedia background. After doing my research, I found out about advertising and how I could apply what I learned from university into a career. Why did you choose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management Program?
I chose Sheridan’s program compared to other schools because I wanted an one year program that not only had co-op but was more strategic-based in learning about advertising. Also, I was convinced after attending the open house where I meet the program coordinator, Peggy Barnwell, and got a better understanding on how transferrable the skills that I learn in the Advertising - Account Management program could be used in many industries.
How are you finding your experience at Sheridan? Compared to my university, Sheridan College is a much smaller campus and classes, but I love it! I am able to build amazing relationships with my classmates, which is very important in the advertising industry. The program is very fast paced with lots of group projects, so I have improved my time management skills and learned how to work with so many different types of people.
What advice would you give to someone who is considering our post grad program?
Don’t be worry if you come from an academic or professional background that isn’t based in communications, marketing, or multimedia. Some of my classmates come from so many different backgrounds such as Psychology! This program will equip and prepare you perfectly for the advertising industry. All you have to bring is grit and passion to learn everything about advertising and be prepared to do your best!
What would you consider your main areas of interest and expertise as a result of your learning in the Program so far?
This program has opened my eyes to all areas of advertising. You will get to explore everything that has to do with the advertising industry in this program such as creative, media, digital, and account management. So far, my main areas of interest lay with account management and strategy. I love the fact with accounts you are the liaison between the client and the agency and with strategy, you are practically the foundation for creative campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment