Tuesday 23 April 2019

Student Profile: Shane Sumner

Shane Sumner
Where did you complete your Undergrad Degree/Diploma and in what subject area?
I finished my undergrad at Fanshawe College in Broadcasting: Television.
When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?
I have always had an interest in Advertising. Even while at Fanshawe, and throughout my broadcasting career I was always fascinated by commercials and advertisements. I was always interested in the effort and production that goes into them. Why did you choose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management Program?
I chose Sheridan College’s Advertising Account Management program because of the reputation that not only the HMC facility has but the reputation the professors have. Sheridan college and their professors have a great relationship with many industry experts and companies/agencies. Due to the Co-op term with this program the relationships that Sheridan professors have was a decision maker when I was deciding on which college I would attend. How are you finding your experience at Sheridan?
I am having a very positive experience at Sheridan. While the workload is quite a bit, I have been able to learn more than I even imagined. The partnership with agency TAXI has been very fulfilling and has not only given me work experience but more confidence in my work. What advice would you give to someone who is considering our post grad program?
I definitely recommend this program to anyone considering joining this Sheridan program. The only advice I suggest would be to look at the program one week at a time and one project at a time. The workload can be overwhelming, but it is very manageable and worth it. What would you consider your main areas of interest and expertise as a result of your learning in the Program so far?
My main areas of interest as a result of this program are definitely Accounts and Creative. I have always been an artistic person but the creative thinking and strategy within Accounts really fascinates me. While with Creative it is amazing to see the visions come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment