Saturday 11 May 2019

Student Profile: Jacqueline Davis-Freeman

Jacqueline Davis-Freeman
Where did you complete your Undergrad Degree/Diploma and in what subject area?
I completed my undergraduate degree at the University of Windsor with a Bachelor of Commerce (B. Comm) specializing in Marketing Management and a minor in Communications and Media studies.
When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?
I first discovered I had an interest in advertising when I was in my second year of my undergrad.  During one of my classes we learnt what IMC is and when I discovered that, I knew it was something that I wanted to know more about, it really sparked my interest.  Later that week I signed up to do a communications minor.
Why did you choose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management Post Graduate Program?
There are many reasons why I chose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management program.  The first reason being that it is close to home.  Which is convenient for the 8am classes.  Another reason why I chose to go to Sheridan is because I have only ever heard good things about Sheridan’s business school and the post-graduate certificate programs they offer.
How are you finding your experience at Sheridan?
I’m loving my experience at Sheridan so far.  This program is nothing like going to university.  You learn from a hands-on approach instead of from a textbook.  We were also given the opportunity to work alongside professionals within the industry which gives us great insight on what to expect when we are done school.
What advice would you give to someone who is considering our Post Grad Program?
The advice I would give to someone is to do it.  You gain so much valuable knowledge from this program.  Another piece of advice that I would give is to befriend all of your classmates.  This program involves a lot of teamwork and you want to make sure that you get along with your classmates to ensure the best experience possible.  A final piece of advice that I would give is to be prepared for some 8am classes and to put in hours outside of class time.  Do not take this course if you want to have a lot of spare time on your hands.  This program is a lot of rewarding work.
What would you consider your main areas of interest and expertise as a result of your learning in the Program?
I would say my main area of expertise is Account services.  I enjoy watching an idea come to real life and playing a role in it.  I also feel like my business background gives me a strong knowledge-base that will benefit me within Account services.  I also believe that I will enjoy working in media as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment