Saturday 11 May 2019

Student Profile: Shangavy Sackthivel

Where did you complete your Undergrad Degree/Diploma and in what subject area?
I completed my Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology at York University in Toronto, Ontario.

When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?
I first discovered an interest in Advertising in my last year of High School, especially for the creative side of advertising. My interest resurfaced stronger than ever during my final year of University, after taking Social Psychology courses.

Why did you choose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management Program?
I had MANY reasons for choosing Sheridan College’s Advertising Account Management Program. First off, I knew that it was a credible school which is known for grads finding great jobs in their field soon after graduation. Secondly, I noticed that many advertising professionals went here for this program and have become successful in their careers. Also, this is the only program that offers a co-op position. Lastly, I have friends who have gone to Sheridan College and they’ve had many positive things to say about Sheridan College.  

How did you find your experience at Sheridan?
My experience at Sheridan College thus far has been one that I’ll never forget. I’ve had the opportunity to be taught my industry professionals, who’ve provided me with the foundation I need to kick off my career. I’ve also met incredible people in our class who I will have the pleasure to work with in the industry!

What advice would you give to someone who is considering our Post Grad Program?
Having been here for a year, I feel I have some advice to provide the next group considering Sheridan College’s Advertising Account Management Post Graduate Program. I would have to say that this program is an 8-month investment for your career. You’ll learn about the industry along with various practices and aspects of the industry. You learn everything from how to execute a campaign along with key agency skills!

What would you consider your main areas of interest and expertise as a result of your learning in the Program?
Before starting this program, I had a strong interest for both Digital and Creative. After starting this program, I learned about Media (something I had no knowledge of) and I found myself being drawn to both the Media and Digital aspects of Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment