Monday 24 July 2017

Grad Profile: Jennifer Will

Jennifer Will


When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?

I was interested in marketing and advertising when I was in high school. Initially, I was more intrigued by the creative side of the industry, but soon learned that my personality and skills were best suited within a different area.

Why did you choose Sheridan?

Sheridan offered a one year post-graduateprogram after I completed University, which allowed me to specialize in advertising and emerge quickly into the industry.

What did you learn from Sheridan?

I learned a ton about the advertising industry and various roles within agencies. Originally, I was most interested in account management, but the program provided comprehensive courses in media which I also found interesting. This helped to broaden my perspective on which type of career path I wanted to take.

What was the #1 thing you took away from your post grad experience?

The advertising program at Sheridan provided the hands-on experience that University didn’t, and provided guidance to a specific career path.

What advice would you give to someone who is considering a post grad program?

I would highly recommend the program to anyone interested in advertising. It’s a quick way to specialize and obtain the educational experience agencies and companies are looking for in potential candidates.

How has the completion of the Program affected your career?

It helped me to land my first agency job and has since served as more of a networking opportunity.


Where do you work and what is your current position?

I’ve been with Bensimon Byrne for the past 3 years. My current role is Digital Media Lead, where I’m managing the media team and spearheading the expansion of a programmatic media buying team. 

What is your favourite part of the job?

There’s a lot of things I love about my job – my company, the people and clients I work with, and the strategy that goes into everything we do. My favorite part would have to be making something out of nothing; seeing a campaign through from brief to launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment