Saturday 11 May 2019

Student Profile: Claudia Gonzalez

Claudia Gonzalez
Where did you complete your Undergrad Degree/Diploma and in what subject area?
I have a bachelor's degree in Multimedia Engineering completed at Military University in Bogotá, Colombia.

When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?
I worked for ten years at different agencies in the production and creative areas and wanted to work on projects from a planning and strategic perspective. I found the Advertising Account Management Post Grad Program would give me the approach I needed to do so.

Why did you choose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management Program?
I always wanted to live in Canada, and I had the opportunity to come to Mississauga.  I started my online research in the city, and found Sheridan College. I requested specific information about the advertising program, received some references from friends, and decided to enroll immediately.

How are you finding your experience at Sheridan?
I found the whole experience very insightful and often quite challenging. I have been learning about a new culture surrounding a big industry such as advertising. I have to say, I have found the tools I've learned at College, the vast experience of the professors, and the support of my classmates very valuable in helping me move my advertising career goals forward.

What advice would you give to someone who is considering our Post Grad Program?
If you really want to know how to perform as an advertising professional, you definitely should choose this complete, and integrated Program.  It will contribute to your skill set and provide real world experience with Canadian agencies.

What would you consider your main areas of interest and expertise as a result of your learning in the Program?
I've reaffirmed my affection for creative work, but I have also found media an interesting area to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment