Saturday 11 May 2019

Student Profile: Natalia Ortiz

Natalia Ortiz
Where did you complete your Undergrad Degree/Diploma and in what subject area?
I completed my undergrad degree at Wilfrid Laurier University in Communications with the Business Management option.

When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?
I first discovered an interest in advertising in Grade 8. I’ve always been analytical about the way advertisements have been produced and why people make ads the way they do. I’ve always been creative when coming up with slogans and ways to present certain campaign ideas.
Why did you choose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management Program?
I chose the Advertising Account Management Post Graduate Program at Sheridan because of its close proximity to my house, and the reputation it has against other Post Graduate Programs at other Colleges. I wanted to continue my education because, although I had a lot of knowledge in business as a whole, I had little knowledge about advertising specifically.

What advice would you give to someone who is considering our Post Grad Program?
Make sure you’re interested in the industry because it is a lot of work.  Don’t be discouraged by your past academic or work experience, students come from a wide variety of backgrounds.
What would you consider your main areas of interest and expertise as a result of your learning in the Program?
I would consider digital/social and campaign planning/management an expertise of mine as a result of my learning in this Post Grad Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment