Wednesday 4 April 2018

Student Profile: Candace Correia

Candace Correia

Where did you complete your Undergrad Degree/Diploma and in what subject area?


I completed my Undergrad Degree at OCAD University in 2013. There I achieved a Bachelor of Design with a focus on Graphic Design.


When did you first discover an interest in Advertising?


Coming from a creative background, I’ve always been somewhat interested in Advertising. I’ve always had a strong appreciation for anything to do with visual communications and Advertising is the perfect combination of design and strategy. 

Why did you choose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management Post Grad Program? 


I chose Sheridan’s Advertising Account Management Program because I wanted to gain a well-rounded understanding of the Advertising industry as a whole, and this program has courses that cover a variety of different industry topics. I was also drawn to the Summer Co-op work term option and wanted to add some real-world experience to my resume as well.

How are you finding your experience at Sheridan? 


I’m finding the experience fast-paced and engaging. Even when a subject is outside of my comfort zone, the content is interesting and extremely relevant to my future career. The program has given me valuable industry information and allowed me to expand my skillset far beyond the creative side of Advertising. By taking this program, I can now combine my creative skills with strategic planning knowledge and I feel more confident in what I can offer as a candidate for future employers.

What advice would you give to someone who is considering our post grad program?


I would tell them that investing in your future is never a mistake, and a year in the Post Grad program will give you a thorough understanding of the industry – in half the time! I know I was drawn to the Program’s timeline and you wouldn’t believe how much you can learn in one year.


No comments:

Post a Comment